ads

Sunday, March 10, 2013

InfoPath tips and triks

1. Data Connection
when we define  secondary data source
in dialog box there is a check box
"automatically retrieve data when form is opened"
this mean every time the form is opened the query the connection to retrieve the value
and this is  burden on the loading of the form






Recommendation
do not marked the check box
just set new rule in form load dialog box
that make the query option only one time








2.  How set auto number in repeating table?
a. we using the function "count()" - Counts the number of instances of the specified field or group.
 b. put inside this "../preceding-sibling:: "- Selects all siblings before the current node
c. and append the Xpath to field "my:group2/my:Index"
in the Field Index go to properties --> function and set
  this code .
count(../preceding-sibling::my:group2/my:Index) + 1

this is my repeating table fields

this is the result

No comments:

Post a Comment